Tip: How To Study Mbbs In China?
Lesson Plan: Go through the topic beforehand to have a brief understanding. This will help you to pick up what the teacher is mentioning in his lectures easily.
Be keen: You must have a keen interest to go through a medical dictionary whenever you find a new medical terminology.
Regular studies: Study regularly 4-6 hours a day even when there are no exams arriving. In this time, you should concentrate in making notes, highlighting important texts in book, creating mnemonics and every other things that can be done to make studying easier for future. You can take a break at regular intervals t but utilize the morning for studies as brain has higher ability to catch things then.
Choose your study time wisely: It’s all about finding the balance in your life and what works for you.
Spend your time on Understanding topics: Understanding makes memory sustainable.
Revise frequently: First time when you read a topic, it may take you an hour. The second reading may take you 45 minutes and you’ll notice that the third reading won’t take you more than half an hour, with repetition it becomes easier.
Make a habit of making notes and charts of important units, standard values and formulas. Highlight key points and use colour so it will be easier to recall.
Utilize the technology: Especially for anatomy, embryology, physiology and pathology, video animations and mnemonics can be of great help.
Besides textbook, studying from reference books helps a lot. Make a habit of comparing things while studying. Example: Differences are easier to remember
How to study MBBS - HEBEI NORTH UNIVERSITY
MBBS Study plan according to the subject:
- Start with anatomy to know about normal human structures.
- Then physiology to understand body mechanisms and adaptations.
- Then pathology to know about the diseases.
- Then go for pharmacology for the treatment of the diseases.
- Then microbiology and biochemistry should also go hand in hand.
Anatomy Study Tips:
- Refer Atlas
- Create Mnemonics
- Practice figures
- Creating algorithms
- Studying organ models and bones
- Frequent revision
- Study plan on Anatomy
Physiology Study Tips:
- Read and understand
Pathology Study Tips:
- Follow standard textbook like Robbins and create short notes.
Pharmacology Study Tips:
- Sum up the classification of drugs
- Understand the mechanism of actions
- Create mnemonics
- Practice reasoning questions
Microbiology Study Tips:
- Create a pattern for writing lab diagnosis (e.g. Specimen, Microscopy, Culture, Antibiotic sensitivity, etc.)
- Understand classes of organisms
- Learn lab procedures
Biochemistry Study Tips:
- Practice diagrams of metabolism and cycles
- Create mnemonics