home Your Position: Home>Admission


FAQs - MBBS Admission in China

Both students, guardians and perhaps admission agents are always confronted with questions regarding their admission procedures. The international office of Hebei North University has come out with potential FAQs that students and guardians may find helpful regarding our admission procedures.

1. What documents will I need to begin my admission process?
Answer: You will have to provide the following documents before we can begin your admission procedures
i. Certified copies of the highest certificate obtained. This may include High school results, Diploma and Degree certificate in any related science program known in the applicant's own country.
ii. Two (2) passport sized photos.
iii. Stamped and signed medical examination report from a recognized hospital or clinic.
iv. Scan copies of your passport's basic information page with at least six (6) months validity.

2. What is the JW202 form?
Answer: The JW202 form is a special document without which the Chinese embassy cannot issue you a student's X-Visa. This document is issued by the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China.

3. What if I want to apply online?
Answer: There is a section of this website where you can apply online. You can directly call the International Exchange Centre for personal assistance.

4. What type of visa will I be eligible to apply for with the JW202 form?
Answer: With the JW202, you will be eligible to apply for the student's visa which is officially called X-Visa.

5. What kind of luggage content must I come with? Do I need to bring my own medical books or will the school provide them?
Answer: You don't need to bring along with your books. There are a lot of e-books as well as hard-copy books you can purchase off websites like amazon.com and taobao.com etc. where you can purchase all kind of books. If you have books already, you can bring it along with you in order to save money.

6. How will I get to the school? Who will pick me up at the airport?
Answer: The Admissions Office of the University (International Education and Exchange College) offers airport pick-up service for new students to the university at a fee of 800 RMB (a little over $140). Your contact in China can also offer this service. Be sure to have your contact's Chinese mobile number. Send your itinerary to your contact before going on board the plane to avoid getting stranded at the airport on arrival. If you're not familiar with your contact, be sure to share a secret code to make sure that the right person picks you up from the airport. Under no circumstance must you pay more than 800RMB for airport pick-up service. For more clarification on this, you can contact the international exchange center.

7. How will I get a legal residence permit in order to stay after arrival?
Answer: Your visa expires thirty days after entry into the People's Republic of China. It will be wise to settle all your fees as soon as possible to enable the international office process your residence permit.

8. Expenses? How much will one spend a month or a year in that city?
Answer: This basically depends on the individual, as lifestyles differ from person to person. But on the average, this ranges between 700RMB-1200RMB ($115-$200) per month or 8400rmb-14400RMB ($1359-$2300) annually.

9. Important Notice For Intending Pakistani Medical/Dental Students.
While China seems to have served as major links for accommodating students from Pakistan, the students should also take note that the PMDC has set rules stating that Pakistani students who wish to pursue an undergraduate degree in a foreign medical or dental institution must approach the National Examination Board of the PMDC to be granted a ‘NO OBJECTION’ certificate before proceeding.  What’s a ‘NO OBJECTION’ certificate? It is issued to students with at least 60% marks in FSc or equivalent as a pass to study Medicine/Dentistry abroad on insurance that they can return and apply to write licensed exams to become doctors.

China Medical University Admission Procedures

Step 1.
Fill in the application form of Hebei North University (you can download an application form from the university's website or get a copy at the last page of the university's brochure/prospectus)
Step 2.
Send a scanned copy of the following documents via email;
-Completely filled application form
-Passport page with your basic information (i.e. name, date of birth, etc.)
-Completely filled health check up form
-Transcript or certificate of your highest obtained degree
The above documents can also be sent via your trusted agents
NOTE: You must take a physical examination at any hospital close to you in your country. The doctor must examine all items on the form, a recent photo should be placed on the form, the form should also have an official stamp of the hospital at the bottom of the last page and the doctor must sign at the bottom of the last page.
Also note that students will take another physical examination when they arrive at the university.
Step 3.
After application is successful, the University will issue you an admission notice and JW202 form.
Step 4.
With your JW202, admission notice and other required document for the application of student visa contact the nearest Chinese Embassy or Consulate nearest to you in your country and apply for student visa.
Step 5.
When you are offered the visa by the Embassy or Consulate, please inform your/our very own trusted agents or contact us about your flight details. We can then communicate with you detail of our airport pickup services.
Step 6.
Within 72 hours of arrival into China you must register at the Admission office of Hebei North University. You must submit your Admission Notice, Physical Examination Record, Passport and Passport sized photos for registration.

Getting Ready for Medical College & School

Before you leave home
For information regarding the location and the contacts of the Chinese Embassy/ Consulate in your country.please visit the following website of the Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs: http:/www.fmprc. gov.cn/eng/wjdt/wjzc/

Housing Arrangements
Students are required to arrive in China no later than the day of registration (the registration date is written on admission letter). You are suggested to arrive in China during the day of registration Those who will be arriving late (no later than 2 weeks after the day of registration] must write a letter to the Division oInternational Students via email gulnaroooyahoo.com informing the staffs regarding the reasons of their late arrival.
On-campus housing at the International Student Dormitory will be available to students on the day of registration.

There are several banks near most Universities where you can set up a bank account after you have arrived inChina. If you are planning to convert foreign currencies into RMB, the banks in China accept the foreign currencies of:
Pound Sterling: Hong Kong Dollar; American Dollar; Euro; Japanese Yen; Canadian Dollar; Australian Dollar; etc.
To be on a safe side, we recommend students to carry the amount of cash that is enough to cover their monthly living expenses.
Our estimation for the average cost of living per month in China is 2,500 RMB (housing. food and transportationincluded].

Have a Health Examination
You also need to have a thorough medical check-up after you arrived at China according to the regulation of police Station, which including the blood test, x-ray examination and a series of body check.

Required Travel Documents
Do make sure that you keep at least 2 photocopies of your important documents.
Below is the checklist of important documents that you must carry with you to China:
1. Valid passport and visa
2. Enough cash for your tuition fees payment and some kinds of handling charges.
3. Passport size photos (at least 6 copies].
  • Personal bank statement
  • Reference/Recommenat letters

Packing for Your Trip
We suggest students pack only the essentials and also to pack as lightly as possible. Keep in mind that most things, ranging from stationeries and household items to computers, can be purchased onboarding. We recommend that you purchase your daily necessities (such as paper folders, mirrors...etc) in China after you have settled in, as you will then have a better idea of what you actually need.

If possible, do consider packing with you a towel and a set of sheets from home. You might need them to"settle-down with on the day you arrived in China.

We strongly suggest students bring along the things that will make them feel at home, such as posters, photos and cultural items from your country. These mementos from home may help make you feel comfortable in your home away from home at China and also in minimizing cultural shocks as well as homesickness.

Here are some recommended interactive websites that can help you with preparing your packing list:
  • http://www.travellerspoint
  • http://upl.codeq.info/inex

Registration of your residence at
the local police station
In accordance with Rules For The Implementation of The Law of the People s Republic of China on Control of the Entry and Exit of Aliens, you must report and register your address within 24 hours upon your arrival to the local police station. If you live in a hotel temporarily, you do not need to do these until you find a permanent accommodation. Failing to register accommodation to the local police station will be served a warning or fined up to 500RMB per day.

Setting Up a Bank Account
Below are the banks near most universities where you can set up a bank account as soon as you arrive in China:
Bank Account
You can convert the foreign currencies of Pound Sterling. Hong Kong Dollar, American Dollar, Euro, JapaneseYen, Canadian Dollar and Australian Dollar into RMB in any of these banks. When you have opened a bank account in one of these banks, you can deposit foreign currencies directly into that bank account of yours. It is required that you present your passport to the bank staffs when you open a bank account /and when you exchange currencies. In addition to that, remember to apply or ask for a Union Pay Card. The Union Pay Card functions as a Debit Card, it enables you to transfer money from your saving/checking account directly to the recipient s account and it is commonly used in China.

On Arrivals - Study MBBS in China

Click here for more detailed about on arrival & bus schedule & train schedule

Visa Application - China Medical School Admissions

You may apply for your Chinese Visa at the Chinese Embassy/Consulate in your home country. When applying for your visa,please remember to bring along with you:
  • Applicant's original passport valid up to at least six months with at least one blank page
  • Certified highest Diploma obtained (the least should be that of high school)
  • The original university's admission letter
  • Visa Application Form for Studying in China (also known as the JW202 form)
  • The original foreigner physical examination form
Do make sure that your letter of admission and your JW202 form is handed back to you together with your passport after obtaining your Chinese visa. You will need these documents to apply for your Residence Permit after your arrival in Zhangjiakou.

International Students who will be studying in China are required to obtain a Student Visa, also termed as X Visa.

Note: The Student Visa - X Visa will only be valid for 30 days after your arrival. You must apply for a Residence Permit within these 30 days in order to obtain a legal status in China at Zhangjiakou Police Station.

It's not advisable to arrive in China ahead of time, due to the short time limit of your visa. Furthermore, you are not eligible to apply for a Residence Permit until you are a registered student of HBNU.

Student Visa/'X' Visa Sample:

 Student Visa/'X' Visa

Click here you can find Visa Application For Saudi Arabian Students, Visa Application For Pakistan Students, Visa Application For South African Students
Want some help from our team? Write down some details about yourself and a representative will contact you shortly.
Top Notch services provided by ACASC:
Contact us and let’s guarantee your admission into your dream university, here in China.