Places To Visit Near HBNU
Dajingmen is one of the great passes of the Great Wall, and it was founded in 1644 in the Qing dynasty. Its geographical location is very significant, because it is the northern gate of Beijing and it plays an important role in military and the economy.
Location & Travel Strategy:
It is located in the northernmost downtown area. It you want to go there, this route is available for you:
- First take the bus no.1 in front of the main gate of HBNU.
- transfer to bus No.2 and get off at Pingmen station.
- Remember to take your Student ID card, in order to get the student discount
- It is advisable to take some water and food with you, because there aren't many restaurants in that area.
- The Pass
- The Great Wall
- The Sanniangzi Temple & Guansheng Temple
- The Archaize commercial street
Why Should We Visit?
- Dajingmen is the most famous scenic spot in Zhangjiakou, people really should go there to enjoy the splendid scenery.
- Dajingmen is a place of interest with a long history. While sightseeing, you can review the precious memories of both ancient and modern times.
- As on old saying”One who fails to reach the Great Wall is not a hero". We may not be able to, or get the chance to visit the Badaling section of the Great Wall in Beijing, but Dajingmen is a close option.
- You can learn more about the Great Wall of China there, such as the pass, beacon tower and the cannon, even the ruins of the ancient Great Wall of the Northern Qi dynasty(A.D.550).
- The Archaize commercial street can be found there which has goods showcasing the character of Zhangjiakou.
- There are some interesting temples, for example, the Sanniangzi Temple. During your trip, you can know more over the ancient Chinese temple culture.